Escuchar artículo

Barry Manilow is taking additional time off as he continues recovering from cancer surgery.

On Friday (Feb. 20), the 82-year-old Grammy-winning singer announced on social media that he is rescheduling more concerts while healing from a mid-January operation related to stage one lung cancer diagnosed late last year.

Related Barry Manilow Shares Health Update After Lung Cancer Diagnosis Barry Manilow Reveals ‘Cancerous Spot’ Found on His Lung, Postpones January Shows Barry Manilow Postpones Las Vegas Residency Following Cancer Surgery

After what he described as a “very depressing visit” with his surgeon, Manilow is postponing the first batch of 2026 arena dates originally scheduled from Feb. 27 through March 17.

“I was sure that I would be able to do the Arena shows in a few weeks,” the singer wrote on Instagram. But his doctor “shook his head” and told him, “Barry, you won’t be ready to do a 90 minute show. Your lungs aren’t ready yet. You’re in great shape considering what you’ve been through, but your body isn’t ready. You shouldn’t do the first Arena shows. You won’t make it through.”

Manilow admitted that he had “a feeling” the surgeon would respond that way. “Deep down, I wanted to go back — but my body knew what my heart didn’t want to admit: I wasn’t ready,” the artist wrote.

Although Manilow is rescheduling his first 13 arena shows, his doctor said it was still “likely” he could perform in Las Vegas on March 26–28 and April 2–4.

“I’m SO, SO sorry I have to reschedule some of these first Arena shows. Again!” Manilow wrote.

At press time, Manilow’s website still listed sold-out U.S. concert dates for mid- through late April.

Billboard has reached out to Manilow’s representatives for additional comment and information about the rescheduled dates.

See Manilow’s post on Instagram below.

View this post on Instagram